[drupal-devel] [feature] Add form_select() option CSS

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu Jun 23 17:09:24 UTC 2005

Actually, that reminds me!

There was a patch a few years ago that revolved around turning
form_select (especially multi-selects) into a div containing a set of
form_checkbox, form_radio.

At the time, it was not used because Opera (which was dries' primary
browser) did not properly understand the overflow: tag.

Maybe we should look at resurrecting that?

On 23 Jun 2005, at 5:45 PM, Thox wrote:

> Issue status update for http://drupal.org/node/25138
>
> Project:      Drupal
> Version:      cvs
> Component:    base system
> Category:     feature requests
>
> -1
>

> That's a lot of extra markup for every <select> control. Since it has
> very limited use, I'd suggest it shouldn't be part of core.
>

> I do like the idea of using it for your specific case.
>

> Thox
>

> Previous comments:
>
> June 16, 2005 - 14:54 : budda
>
> i'd like to CSS my select menu  list. However the drupal common.inc
> form_select() doesn't assign each  with a unique id/class.
>

> the option list id's could be generated in the form:
> <select-name>-<option value>
>

> Which could produce something like:
>

>   <select class="card" name="edit[card]" id="edit-card">
>     <option value="" selected="selected">Please Choose</option>
>     <option value="VISA" id="card-visa">Visa</option>
>     <option value="MC" id="card-mc">Mastercard</option>
>     <option value="SWITCH" id="card-switch">Switch</option>
>     <option value="SOLO" id="card-solo">Solo</option>
>   </select>
>

> The above would then allow individual styling to each  - in my case
> displaying an image next to each option.

> June 23, 2005 - 12:08 : budda

> (1.82 KB)
>
> Patch for above CSS modification request.
>

> Most of what can currently be done with CSS on  elements is only
> useful
> on Mozilla browsers. IE can't do anything exciting, it just ignores
> the
> content.

- --
Adrian Rossouw