[drupal-devel] slow queries?

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Sat Jun 25 19:05:31 UTC 2005

I'm not 100% sure - but in fact the max execution time is the time that
a single http request will take to clear. I'm basing this on another php
application that i have a lot of experience with.  In that application
there is an install utility. It will routinely time out during a
particular data insert if the machine (DB) is slow.  I believe one can
see exactly this behavior with the CivicSpace install and the location
tables (which are large).  Put simply in both these cases on slow (DB)
machines you will see a timeout at exactly 30 seconds - upping the max
execution time will improve this.  However, as I said - I may be mistaken.

Dan