[drupal-devel] slow queries?

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Sat Jun 25 19:08:06 UTC 2005

Remember it is not only a question of how long it takes for a query to
execute - but whether that operation is blocking other queries.  It is
one thing for 100 people to each wait 10 seconds for a query to complete
- quite another for the first person to wait 10 seconds and the last to
wait 1000.  I've seen this kind of behavior with php/mysql in a large
production environment and it should be avoided obvsiosly.

Dan