[drupal-devel] [task] user settings should be in settings

Dries drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Jun 27 19:32:16 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user system
 Category:     tasks

Looks like the wrong patch to me.

kbahey: did you actually review this patch?  Please review a patch
before voicing your opinion.  Thanks.

Dries

Previous comments:

June 23, 2005 - 20:32 : Bèr Kessels

Where does one expect to find settings? Right! under the header
"settings". This patch moves the user config stuff to where most people
expect it [1] to be: under settings. the 'problem' is mostly caused by
the fact there is but a small tab "configure" and that is hidden under
administer users, where one expects to administer users,

[1] A while ago I created a site consistent.drupaldevs.org after
studying behaviour of some of my clients and non-techies. The node
configure [1] thing was most obvious outcome of that study, but this
was pretty annoying too.
I gave five people the task to change the amout of nodes that show up
on the frontpage. And to change the welcome message for user login. All
five went to admin  > settings first.
[1] http://drupal.org/node/25629

June 24, 2005 - 03:29 : kbahey

+1