[drupal-devel] [bug] Bootstrap patch fixes

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Jun 30 15:09:22 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     bug reports

some more xml-rpc fixes.

chx

Previous comments:

June 23, 2005 - 13:28 : kubaZygmunt

I've found that new cvs version doesn't get properly db_prefix.

In bootstrap.inc (function _drupal_bootstrap($phase) )
I added another global variable $db_prefix, and then it goes .

I don't know if my solution is good because on my local site I can't
see any blocks and on my internet site I have some caching and I can't
see anything :)

June 23, 2005 - 14:45 : kubaZygmunt

Above I've put my patch

June 23, 2005 - 14:56 : Jaza

Also noticed this bug, when trying to install a fresh CVS snapshot.
Attached is my patch against CVS HEAD (same as kubaZygmunt's,
basically).

June 23, 2005 - 15:10 : chx

Yes, this is a bug, if you look at the bootstrap patch, there were
versions when I thought variables in settings.php should be written as
$GLOBALS['something'] but then introduced global $something . Forgot
when that something is db_prefix .

June 28, 2005 - 07:26 : Jaza

Can this patch be applied to HEAD please? This is not something that
should be left sitting around in the issues list. Chx has identified
that it was a simple honest mistake on his part, and has indicated that
the submitted patch(es) will fix the mistake.

Until this patch is applied, anyone who tries to install HEAD using db
prefixes will get a fatal error. It doesn't get much more critical than
that :-p.

June 30, 2005 - 16:56 : Bart Jansens

There is another related problem, it is no longer possible to override
variables in settings.php.
And update.php no longer works.

Updated patch attached.

June 30, 2005 - 17:04 : chx

Oh, and XML-RPC client is broken too. I talked with walkah and we found
it the best to move xmlrpc.inc to modules which use them.