[drupal-devel] How Summer of Code will be used to promote Drupal

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Thu Jun 30 18:04:20 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I wanted to let you all know how the Summer of Code money we get will be
used, in case you were wondering. Since we will be eligible for up to
$5,500.00 this is a good opportunity to do some nice things.

First we will be sponsoring a theme competition with a $1000 first prize
and a $500 second prize. I'll announce this on Drupal.org in the next
week or so but you can already start thinking in the back of your minds
what technical requirements new themes need to meet in order to be
accepted and how we can easily verify these things.

The rest of the money (all of which is dependent on the students
completing their projects) will be used to fund Drupal development and
each of the mentors will be given discretion to a) describe a project
and b) take on the work himself if he cares to and c) name a developer
to do the work otherwise.

Read my next mail for details on the first project that has already been
decided.

cheers,

Robert