[drupal-devel] How Summer of Code will be used to promote Drupal

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 30 19:32:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Karoly Negyesi wrote:

> > A chunk of this money should be reserved for setting up a foundation
> > (s?).
>
> Very wise idea.
>
> > I'm going to look at the requirements for this in Canada in the
> > next couple of days with a lawyer.
>
> Will that provide for US tax-deduction?

No, of course it won't. Countries give tax deductions to further some
causes (welfare, whatever). Why should the US taxpayer give tax deductions
to Canadian good causes?

> Someone look around for EU, please.

Just the same: If I set up a non-profit in .de I won't be able to issue
tax deduction to people from .fr. Well, in fact I might be able too, but
they would only help if the person pays taxes in .de.

Cheers,
	Gerhard