[drupal-devel] [bug] SQL error when node_access is used

tangent drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue Mar 1 02:59:12 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    taxonomy.module
 Category:     bug reports

Can we get this commited? It's a pretty critical error.

tangent

Previous comments:

February 23, 2005 - 02:03 : tangent

I am testing the nodeperm_role.module and I experienced an SQL error
when node permissions are changed.
The problem is that the query in question uses "INNER JOIN {term_node}
USING (tid)" but the db_rewrite_sql() function adds another inner join
in front of this one so the USING clause breaks. My patch changes all
the USING statements to ON to prevent this.
Perhaps the documentation for db_rewrite_sql() should be updated to
warn against the use of the USING clause. I don't see any other
instances of it in core but many contrib modules use it.

February 23, 2005 - 02:15 : chx

Handbook updated, thanks for warning. +1 on this.