[drupal-devel] [task] Remove use of form_item() in taxonomy

drumm drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Mar 3 19:47:39 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    taxonomy.module
 Category:     tasks

Fixes problem raised in #6 by Dries.

drumm

Previous comments:

February 25, 2005 - 11:26 : drumm

form_item() isn't right in a few cases. Such as confirmation pages and
things which should be using other form functions.
There was a subtle difference between form_select() and whatever
taxonomy was doing. Thats why there is extra code here. I tested it a
bit too.

February 28, 2005 - 07:05 : Bèr Kessels

+1 from me. Untill we have a general confirmation API, we should use
something like this.
Furthermore the form_select, instead of an ugly  looped selector
genreator makes sense.

February 28, 2005 - 10:31 : Dries

All other configuration pages (eg. locale module, menu module, etc.) all
use form_item().  I'm likely to drop that bit, and have yet to see the
feasability of a 'confirmation API' (it sounds difficult).
(Ber: it is not clear from your review whether you tested the patch or
not.)

February 28, 2005 - 11:28 : Bèr Kessels

Dries, I did not test the patch thouroughly. But from what I have seen
and tested, the functionality does not change at all. Only the
confirmation page looks more like the others we have.
Off-topic: Some handbook page with a test-program might be handy. I,
for example have very little professional experience with testing. i
just install it and click around a bit, but there must be some good
methods.

March 1, 2005 - 14:16 : Dries

Ber: the confirmation page is less like the others we have.  What makes
you believe it looks more like the others?

March 1, 2005 - 14:22 : Steven

Btw, I think the "confirmation API" that Bèr was talking about is just
a simple form_ function to confirm various stuff in a consistent way.
It's pretty simple to do.

March 1, 2005 - 15:26 : Dries

This patch seems to break adding terms to vocabularies with no
hierarchies.

March 1, 2005 - 20:42 : drumm

For the confimation pages: it is consistent with the block and input
format admin pages.
For the adding terms, I am not suprised. Hopefully I can fix this in
the next could days.