[drupal-devel] [bug] Node Default Options Ignored

grohk drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Mar 4 00:45:18 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    node system
 Category:     bug reports

With the help of chx [1] on the #drupal-support IRC channel, we seem to
have found this bug.
The first apperance of $edit in the node_validate function is:
$node_options = variable_get('node_options_'. $edit->type,
array('status', 'promote'));
edit->type should be $node->type.  A tested patch is attached.
[1] http://drupal.org/user/9446/view

grohk

Previous comments:

March 1, 2005 - 23:07 : grohk

It appears to me that Nodes submitted by users without "Administer
Nodes" permission are ignoring at least some of the node "Default
Options" found on the node specific pages under
"admin/node/configure/types".
For instance for "Promote to Front Page"  --  in my testing content
that should not be promoted by default is being promoted anyway.  I
have tested with several node types including Blog, Page, and Image.
This has been reproduced on a clean install of HEAD.  Users who lack
the permission "Administer Nodes" are affected.