[drupal-devel] forum.module dependent on comment.module

Chris Cook beerfan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 19:19:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:38:12 -0500, Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:
> I don't see any value in a forum that disallows comments.

I think a better long term goal, for forum.module, is to eliminate
dependance on comments altogether. When trying to integrate
mailhandler and listhandler so that listserve messages are added as
forum nodes it feels very strange and inappropriate to add some
messages as nodes and others as comments. When I was working on this
it seemed like there was more of a reason it should not be done but I
don't remember now.