[drupal-devel] forum.module dependent on comment.module

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 01:56:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:33:43 -0600, Mark <mark at nullcraft.org> wrote:

> There has been discussion about implementing comments as nodes.  What
> would the difficulties be with such a scenario?  If  comments were
> nodes, then it would be trivial to specify additional node types that
> could be used as comments (files and images, anyone?).  I think if
> relativity module were simplified and a lot of the more advanced
> features were moved into separate module, just leaving the relationship
> management part, this would be quite feasible.
>
> I'm curious to see what others think about such a scenario.

I tried to steer away from the comments-as-nodes discussion, but you
seem to have stumbled right into it :P

It basically means some major rewriting, and there is value in keeping
comments as a separate content type, I think. I'm not willing to dive
into this can of worms right now.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com