[drupal-devel] CivicGroups preview

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Sat Mar 5 20:38:48 UTC 2005

>>Well we finally have the basics working on the CivicGroups/ForumMail
>>module.  ForumMail works with Mailhandler, listhandler and (curently
>>ezmlm) to deliver a more tightly integrated listserve/forum experience.
>>

>I'd be interested in learning how well the mailhandler/listhandler combo
>works for you as traffic increases. If you run your own server you
>should probably find a solution that is more tightly integrated with the
>MTA if you expect hight traffic lists.
>
>Cheers,
>	Gerhard

Yes - I've thought about this a bit. But the thing to remember in this
particular case is that outgoing mailings are handled by ezmlm.
Mailhandler sends a single email to the list and the ezmlm takes over.
This doesn't directly address the larger issue you raise - but it does
remove the responsiblity for the mail details to a proven tool that
scales fairly well.  We've introduced, at least conceptually, a
separation between the mail and the mailhandler - it should be trivial
to have the mail handled in different ways. (as long as the underlying
mechanism supports subscribe, unsubscribe, and is a member of type commands.

Dan