[drupal-devel] [bug] Nodeapi settings hook is broken

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Mar 6 10:11:57 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    node.module
 Category:     bug reports

Resetting to patch, as Dries just commented this as 'slightly better'.

chx

Previous comments:

March 1, 2005 - 23:54 : chx

I have noticed this morning that hook_nodeapi is no longer called by
$node as first argument as first setting, but only $type. I documented
this in the handbook, 'cos I have thought this is well thought out
decision which is executed through the core. But only node.module is
updated, comment and upload is broken and every node module out there.
I know we do not have backwards compatibility. I think it would be
better to introduce a new hook for this. But, as we are in feature
freeze, I doubt any of this shall happen. Instead, for now let's change
the behaviour back.

March 6, 2005 - 11:04 : chx

http://drupal.org/node/16384