[drupal-devel] [feature] 2 additional hooks to form_textarea to support module writers who are extending it.

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Sun Mar 6 12:33:21 UTC 2005

Gordon Heydon <gordon at heydon.com.au> Sun, 6 Mar 2005 22:30:49
>Please put this back on the drupal.org,
Done

I'll try another tack more appropriate for the mailing list.

I want to add a row of buttons between the title and textarea

I want to add 3 javascript handlers to the textarea. onClick, OnSelect
and onKeyUp.

I can't see how to do this from javascript. Can you point me at an
example. I've found a few for DOM modification that point me at a way to
post the row of buttons by using getElementById and then insertBefore.
That's going to be fairly messy getting from a php function to the
javascript in 'post' to modifying the DOM to appearing on the screen.
But probably do-able.

But I haven't been able to find anything that suggests how to add
handlers to an existing node.

I suppose I could hide the whole shebang; Title, textarea, description
and then recreate it all in 'post'. But the hook doesn't get all the
parameters.

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
S: callto://julian.bond/