[drupal-devel] [task] Typo on block admin page

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Sun Mar 6 14:28:02 UTC 2005

>>> +1 on regions instead of "sidebars".
>>
>> +1.
>
> Drupal uses the 3 column paradigm.  As such, 'sidebar' is a lot less
> confusing.  How about calling it 'column' which seems to have a bit of

I still like region better. The downside of "column" is that we'd never
be able to happily and semantically do "wide" columns, like a header or
footer (what the hell is a "header column"?). Likewise, it's difficult
to imagine a column within a column, or a sidebar within a sidebar, but
quite easy to imagine a region within a region. "Sidebar" may be less
confusing in the short run, but naming parts of Drupal solely per the
paradigm (ie. renaming "taxonomy" "categories", which still bums me out)
is bad. Remember: the greatest honor of a paradigm is to be broken.

--
Morbus Iff ( dare you overpower my stench of eeeevil? )