[drupal-devel] [task] Typo on block admin page

Adrian Simmons adrinux at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:34:39 UTC 2005

Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
>> No, that depends on the theme. It is perfectly ok to put one "sidebar"
>> on top or at the bottom.
Indeed. You can put both of them wherever you like, it's only the admin
interface and class and ID attributes that refer to 'sidebar', 'right'
and 'left'.

This isn't some future functionality, it's available right now, and
these terms are already out of date.

+1 on Region

> Yes, but it will still be called 'right' and 'left' in the block admin
> interface, and that is the point.
All that shows is that we need to rethink the block admin too :)
Block-region-1, Block-region-2?

It's going to be more confusing isn't it - we're back to the usual
tension between making it powerful and flexible vs making it easy for
novice admins...

I too mourn the loss of taxonomy, I just think the 'categories'
reference is so shallow that it adds confusion.

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at gmail.com>
AOL/Yahoo IM: perlucida, Microsoft: adrian at perlucida.com