[drupal-devel] promote to frontpage: confusing.

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Tue Mar 8 09:10:31 UTC 2005

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> oop, hit "send" too quick.
>
> -1 on changing the name dynamically. Its very bad for useability to have form
> items change into other iotems based on changing settings. A form item should
> remain the same. Always. OR might dissapear, but certainly not change into
> another one.

-1 on using "headlines".  It is even more confusing.   Reading "promote
to headlines" doesn't makes me think: "Ah, this promotes the node to the
front page".  It makes me wonder where these "headlines" are to be found.

Note that the "promote to front page" toggle might disappear once the
workflow and action modules hit core.  Why?  Because "promote to front
page" might become an action.

There are a number of important usability improvements we have agreed
upon at the usability sprint in Antwerp.  Why don't we focus on those?