[drupal-devel] promote to frontpage: confusing.

Carl McDade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 10:03:37 UTC 2005

"visible on Frontpage" requires no help text. When you start trying to
get fancy and synonymous term involved in what the user visualizes then
you get confusion. This is why "promote" is confusing. It has no visual
equivalent. The user is required to translate its meaning. There are
several other instances of words like this in v4.5 and have been removed
in v4.6 example "access control" works better than "configure" which led
to "configure what?" "where am I" "where is the text explaining this?"

Carl McDade