[drupal-devel] HTMLArea is dead, long live rich text editing

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Wed Mar 9 02:52:04 UTC 2005

* Mark (mark at nullcraft.org) wrote:
> Negyesi Karoly wrote:
>
> >>TinyMCE looks promising, and worked surprisingly well on FreeBSD/Firefox.
> >>

> >TinyMCE is [...] released [...] under LGPL
> >
> >Do we accept Lesser GPL?
> >

> AFAIK, LGPL is perfectly compatible with GPL projects from a legal
> standpoint, considering we would just be including it as a library in a
> GPL project.

>From the point of view of drupal, the licence of the addon product such
as htmlarea, FCKEditor, TineMCE does not matter. They should not be in
cvs at all.

This was the mistake that I made when I commited htmlarea to cvs, and
also the fact that I believe that it caused me more work that it needed
to because I was getting support issues for htmlarea itself and not just
the module.

I have a long weekend and I plan to correct this mistake.
--
Gordon Heydon <gordon at heydon.com.au>