[drupal-devel] HTMLArea is dead, long live rich text editing

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 04:45:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:51:59 +1100, Gordon Heydon <gordon at heydon.com.au> wrote:

> > From the point of view of drupal, the licence of the addon product such
> as htmlarea, FCKEditor, TineMCE does not matter. They should not be in
> cvs at all.
>
> This was the mistake that I made when I commited htmlarea to cvs, and
> also the fact that I believe that it caused me more work that it needed
> to because I was getting support issues for htmlarea itself and not just
> the module.
>
> I have a long weekend and I plan to correct this mistake.

Fantastic. Thanks for this, Gordon.

Who is in control of FCKEditor module? It should also be removed from
Drupal CVS, if it hasn't already.

Also, please continue the discussion in the forum thread
(http://drupal.org/node/18567) if you're interested in rich text
editing in general. I've suggested organizing development resources so
that we can move forward faster.

Cheers,

--
Boris Mann