[drupal-devel] [feature] Description on e-mail field for anonymus comments

Bèr Kessels drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Mar 10 09:30:26 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    comment.module
 Category:     feature requests

+1 Makes sense to me. Re-using texts is also nice, for it helps
translators.
There are still a lot of Blogging tools out there that show your email
address, so it is not obvious we will hide it (even if to us it is)

Bèr Kessels

Previous comments:

March 10, 2005 - 09:12 : frjo

When anonymus users are allowed to add comments there are a required
e-mail field. This field are, as far as i can see, not shown publicly.
A user asked me about this and after confirming that it is not shown
publicly I added a description that inform the users of this.
I have included a patch that add the description "The content of this
field is kept private and will not be shown publicly". This is the same
description that is used by the profile module.