[drupal-devel] [feature] Containers for taxonomy terms

Axel drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Mar 10 10:46:11 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.2
 Component:    taxonomy.module
 Category:     feature requests

Notes about browsers compatibility:
Such way as OPTGROUP used in patch (OPTION items placed outside
OPTGROUPs and groups are empty) it works in GEKO-browsers - containers
visible, but not selectable is what we need.
In Konqueror and Links - containers completely unvisible. It still
acceptable for usage with forum module, but may be unconvenient for
other purposes.
In Lynx - containers visible but formatting is broken.

Axel

Previous comments:

March 10, 2005 - 00:03 : Axel

Patch allow to use taxonomy terms like containers - they visible in
menus, but not allow to select it. This is especially usefull for forum
module but not only for it. Tested with 4.5.2.
Additionally patch requres changing db scheme (not included to patch):
ALTER TABLE `term_data` ADD `container` TINYINT(1) AFTER `description`;
I understand what patch will not be applied to official 4.5, just
placed here for users who interested with such functionality.
See some screenshots and explanations here (in English):
http://drupal.ru/node/694