[drupal-devel] CivicSpace Labs launches new beta site

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 03:50:38 UTC 2005

Thanks Ber,

Great feedback and an excellent point. One of the problems with the
look of finality on the site is that it betrays how "beta" it really
is. That Drupal isn't more prominent is certainly something that will
change... and in a big way -- and is something that I have already
planned for.

Already we're drawing critical bugs from Drupal's project tracker on
the developer's page. We will be doing more things like that soon --
hopefully integrating Drupal blogs and whatnot into our sidebars.

Here's something I should mention now that I talked about briefly in
IRC... CivicSpace is considering moving its development/coding to
drupal.org and focusing on our advocacy community and documentation on
csl.org. That means that we would get/give more help from the drupal
community, become more integrated and ultimately just "package
functionality" on top of drupal. So we would become much more of an
actual drupal distro than our own rogue project. I think that would
also allow us to ship modules separately, rather than forcing
monolithic downloads... thoughts on this would be welcome.

Also, we're reworking our "product" as well as our "messaging"... so
don't feel slighted that on this first go around drupal isn't more
prominent. We need to think about how to best promote you on our site
before lavishing praise all over you!

Anyway, keep the feedback coming -- I really appreciate it.

Chris