[drupal-devel] CSS bloat

K B kbahey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 14:33:43 UTC 2005

In a previous discussion this comment was raised by Andre Molnar:

> My only comment would be to pear down your CSS file.  It could likely be
> peared down by 20-25K without loosing any styling.

I previously reported this, and it is not only true for CSL themes,
but is a general trend now.

For example, using pushbutton on my sites, the two css files
(style.css and drupal.css) amount for about 20% of my total bandwidth.
As an example, February stats show, 11.84% for style.css and 7.61%,
for a total of 19.45%

A possible solution is what was discussed in http://drupal.org/node/11128