[drupal-devel] Email filter

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Mar 13 16:10:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Mark Leicester wrote:

Hi Mark!

> Yes, it works for comments too. I created an Email content type (in
> addition to the three default ones: Filtered HTML, PHP etc.) which uses
> only the emailfilter.

Makes sense, yes.

> I've patched the listhandler to allow you select the content type used
> when new content is created (also the roles that new users are given; I
> will post this listhandler patch shortly).

Good. Lookign forward to it. But maybe it should rather be a mailhandler
patch as per Moshe's suggestion? Listhandler depends on mailhandler
anyway and can use anything what is made available there.

> I'm using cvs 4.6 for this site. If the original email was iso-8859-1,
> then can just call drupal_convert_to_utf8($node->body, "ISO-8859-1")?
> It doesn't seem to be working for me: I get an empty string back. I'll
> double check.

Check your logs, too. Steven's comments are also very usefull.

Cheers,
	Gerhard