[drupal-devel] Why is there no designation between hooks and private functions in a module?

Negyesi Karoly karoly at negyesi.net
Mon Mar 14 14:47:15 UTC 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 15.34, Carl McDade wrote:
> I don't think this can be done as a patch it would have to be a system
> wide and complete change in the hardcoded API.

A patch is a file which upgrades one or more files to a newer version. This
would be a HUGE patch 'cos it would upgrade all modules and include files.

Current policy is that everything is done via patches. This does not mean
that you can not implement it by the ways of writing a tricky script, but
the way to hand it to the core maintainers is a unified patch.

Regards

Karoly Negyesi