[drupal-devel] Re: Random: Drupal Relationships

Mark mark at nullcraft.org
Tue Mar 15 03:03:07 UTC 2005

Axel Kollmorgen wrote:

> this reminds me much of
> http://lists.drupal.org/archives/drupal-devel/2003-05/msg00042.html

Wow, that was an interesting read.  When developing the relativity
module, I took the parent/child approach to defining relationships,
which didn't seem to be brought up much (just uni-directional and
bi-directional).  We're now working on per-node options (as opposed to
per-node-type options) for specifying relationship constraints and
meta-data.  I didn't know about drupal when this thread was discussed,
but I am impressed with the ideas that were discussed so long ago.  In
fact, I was truly surprised that such a generic framework didn't already
exist.  Were any modules developed as a result of that thread?  Thanks
for the link.

-Mark