[drupal-devel] Core Folksonomy: First Code Available

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Tue Mar 15 23:02:19 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 16:25, Morbus Iff wrote:
> I've commited into sandbox/morbus/folksonomy_shared (along with a bunch of
> documentation and design decisions) the first, very rough and not heavily
> tested, version of folksonomy_shared. There are still a number of things
> to do (and a few known bugs to fix) but I wanted to show you what I have.

Really nice work! I can see this being *extremely* useful in allowing users
to create new categories that equate to image albums.

One suggestion: Should there be a conditional statement to trivially ignore
community terms that are empty after the trim() call, in order to reject
empty terms created by strings like "cat, dog,, fish, snake"? (I didn't look
to see if the core already took care of that; I just didn't see it in your
patch.)

Overall, it seems to add unique functionality and not to disrupt the behavior
that already exists for conventional vocabularies, and the code size is
surprisingly small. Administrators who don't like it are not annoyed, because
the feature is disabled by default.

+1 from me!

Scott