[drupal-devel] [bug] 40-Character Limit in URL Field for Comments

Morbus Iff drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Mar 16 04:59:55 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
-Version:      4.5.0
+Version:      cvs
 Component:    comment.module
 Category:     bug reports

Confirmed. I find this far far too short - it presumes that a Homepage
is going to only a top-level domain, and not something like
http://www.geocities.com/section/subsection/index.html or
http://crazilylongblogname.blogspot.com/about/me. I've increased the
limit of the anonymous name, email, and homepage to the same sizes as
forced in the database table (60, 64, and 255). At least with this
change, it becomes a physical limitation in the database, and not
arbitrary code.

Morbus Iff

Previous comments:

February 10, 2005 - 19:42 : clancy at culturecat.net

I posted this in the forums [1], but someone suggested I post it here:
I'm using Drupal 4.5, and on my site, I allow anonymous comments and
offer the option for the poster to leave his or her contact
information. Tonight, one person told me the URL field was cutting her
URL off and wouldn't allow all the characters. I tested it, and indeed,
for those who want to leave their URLs in the field, it allows up to
forty characters but cuts it off after that. I tried to see if I could
change that setting, but I didn't see anywhere to do it, and I tried
searching the forums but didn't find any posts on it, so I'm sorry if
this has been addressed before. How can I up the limit? Thanks a lot.
I assigned it "active" status, but maybe it's "by design"...I don' t
know, but I'd love to remedy the problem.
[1] http://drupal.org/node/16851