[drupal-devel] [bug] Taxonomy produces funky RSS urls

Morbus Iff drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Mar 16 05:46:15 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
-Version:      4.5.0
+Version:      cvs
 Component:    taxonomy.module
 Category:     bug reports

Theoretically, a browser should ALWAYS see the space as %20 when it
comes to a URL - that's just part of the HTTP spec (URL encoding, blah
blah blah). The underlying code of taxonomy_term_page also supports a
space as an "or" delimiter, and comments on it as well ("The '+'
character in a query string may be parsed as ' '."/). With that said,
the plus-to-space conversion is happening BEFORE taxonomy_term_page
(where the RSS URLs are written). This appears to be a normal part of
the menu callback code (in this particular case, the menu code appears
to be passing the remaining parts of the URL, unencoded [as it should],
to the taxonomy_term_page function.
If we really wanted the RSS URLs to be written with the space, we'd
need to do a re-conversion inside taxonomy_term_page. I've included a
patch to do so, using an innocent urlencode on the space-separated
$str_tids, turning it into a plus-separated $rss_tids.

Morbus Iff

Previous comments:

November 26, 2004 - 19:33 : kevin lapalme

for example, on page:
http://drupal.org/taxonomy/term/1+2
you get an RSS url with a space in it
http://drupal.org/taxonomy/term/1 2/0/feed
if you have a smart browser, it inserts %20 between 1 and 2, but maybe
some browsers and RSS bots are not so smart.