[drupal-devel] remote auth and required email/password fields

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Mar 16 12:50:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Karoly Negyesi wrote:

> > account because firefix remembers my passwords for me and the remote
> > auth process has thus not much benefit for me. ;)
>
> So says the only core contributor who has a drupal.org username with
> @www.drop.org in it :)

Well, I had once created that account to test out the remote auth
mechanism. Some time later I had forgotten my password and got myself a
new one from drupal.org (not drop.org). Since then the "@www.drop.org"
part is not really needed, but I kept it nevertheless. Since about one
year ago, I am using browsers with password managers and really see no
use for the remote auth mechanism as it is now. The only advantage would
be that I don't have to wait for the password email.

Cheers,
	Gerhard