[drupal-devel] subsite - sharing codebase - doesn't work as expected

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Mar 16 20:22:35 UTC 2005

>>> Drupal doesn't seem to be picking up
 >>> 'settings.php' files for subdirectories...
 >>
>> http://drupal.org/node/18812
>
> I can't read that post right now (I'm on the train) but if this is a
> recurring question, we might want to document this better (now we are
> improving the INSTALL.txt/settings.php).
>
> *looks at Morbus and Tom*

How about:

    If you want a separate Drupal installation under a subdirectory (such
    as www.example.com/site3), it's important that the subdirectory exists
    and refers back to the primary location of your Drupal install. For
    example, if your primary installation is located in the directory
    'www.example.com', then the following shell command run in the
    'www.example.com' directory would create a symlink for 'site3':

      ln -s . site3

There's no Windows related text here (re: junctions) primarily because we
caution the user at the beginning of the file that, in essence, "good luck
with Windows configurations, bub."

If the above looks fine, let me know. I profess to not knowing enough
about multisites or symlinks /in detail and confidence/, so I'm requesting
feedback before patching.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom