[drupal-devel] [bug] Theme admin fix-up after multisite patch

jhriggs drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Mar 17 03:06:20 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    theme system
 Category:     bug reports

Well /that/ didn't work.  I'll try again.

jhriggs

Previous comments:

December 1, 2004 - 02:48 : TDobes

There was a major theming issue I missed in my bug-testing after the
multi-site patch landed.
Styles now seem to have their description field filled with the
filename of their parent theme/template rather than the theme_key of
the parent. This is a problem because init_theme still expected to see
the theme_key and therefore dropped back to the base theme (no theme at
all).
The attached patch fixes this situation.

December 1, 2004 - 03:04 : TDobes

Note: This might also warrant an update.inc script. Because of this
change, sites that were based on styles won't load the proper theme
after upgrading until the admin visits the themes administration page
an clicks "save."

December 1, 2004 - 16:41 : Dries

Committed.

March 15, 2005 - 16:03 : TDobes

I did a bit more testing of the theme administration in 4.6 and found a
few items that needed improvement.
The attached patch fixes a couple bugs, removes some code rot, and
cleans up the code a bit:
* Fix a bug which would cause the "configure" link for styles to be
broken. (missed this in the last patch)
* Fix a bug with using drupal_get_filename for theme engines.  Although
this is not called anywhere in core, we should still fix it for contrib.
(i.e. themes that may want to manually invoke a theme engine to create a
hybrid theme)
* Correct an inaccurate comment in theme.inc
* Populate the default primary links with an "edit primary links" link
for consistency with the secondary links
* remove some unnecessary variables in the theme administration which
had misleading and confusing names
* replace time-consuming foreach when rendering theme admin page with a
more efficient array_key_exists
* usability: rather than completely removing the search box checkbox
when search.module is disabled, simply disable it. (UI elements
shouldn't appear/disappear.)
Please commit and/or review prior to 4.6 release.

March 16, 2005 - 21:04 : jhriggs

This patch was applied by Dries but not marked as fixed;  however, it
introduced a new bug.  Theme-specific settings no longer work.  The
attached patch fixes this.