[drupal-devel] Core Folksonomy: First Code Available

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Thu Mar 17 05:07:41 UTC 2005

Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:35:58
>> text links are added to provide technorati with something to scrape
>>and
>This should be entirely optional. I'd never want this on my stuff.

Fair enough. It really needs nice URLs as Technorati uses the last
directory in a URL to extract the tag.

>> 6) A hook in the _form_all() code makes it easy to extend the $help
>>description with suggested terms from Most used terms, My terms,
>>Related  terms, Synonyms and anything else we think of later.
>
>Hmm. I'm not sure about this. I see the $help stuff as "help about the
>Drupal feature" instead of "help about choosing the right tags for this
>site which just happens to be using Drupal".

I think it's important that there are feedback mechanisms that encourage
convergence on tags. And the nutricious interface to del.icio.us (now
available as a beta bookmarklet on del.icio.us) makes del.icio.us way
more usable. I really want a mechanism to allow this to be built in
although I'll concede that it probably shouldn't be in core because it's
a prime area for experiments.

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
S: callto://julian.bond/