[drupal-devel] Core Folksonomy: Not Ready for term_node.uid?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Mar 17 12:22:23 UTC 2005

>>  nid  |  tid |  uid
>>  ------------------
>>  17   |    3 |    9
>>  17   |    3 |   12
>>  17   |    4 |   12
>>
>>and so on.
>
> If you insist on adding terms twice (why?), you'll also need to
> transport the uid info through the editing process. Makes things more

What's the alternative? The above layout is the only way I can think
that multiple users can assign multiple tids to a node, regardless
whether they created it or not. Terms are not being added twice, merely
associated twice: you may create a new term "cat" with tid 4, but if I
ever use "cat" myself, it'll still be tid 4 only associated with my uid.

--
Morbus Iff ( don't heckle the super-villian )