[drupal-devel] [bug] comment stats don't update after approval in moderation queue

Junyor drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Mar 18 09:03:51 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    comment.module
 Category:     bug reports

I don't see any reason for that node_load() call either.

Junyor at drupal.org

Previous comments:

March 1, 2005 - 22:47 : ankur

I don't know if this is by design, but I experimenting with forcing
anonymous comments through the comments approval queue.  After I logged
in as someone with appropriate permissions and marked the comment
"published" in the comments approval queue, the link attached to the
appropriate node teaser still said "add new comment" rather than "1
comment" or "1 new comment".
Here's a patch for it.  I believe the diff for the patch is taken
against comment.module from 4.5.2.  It makes some minor additions to
function comment_admin_edit().
  -Ankur

March 2, 2005 - 00:38 : ankur

Apologies for the extra e-mail.  The previous patch file was not done
correctly.  Here's a diff against Revision 1.302.2.9, the last 4-5-2
tagged version of the module as of this post.
  -Ankur

March 13, 2005 - 22:06 : killes at www.drop.org

Applies also to head.
ankur: Please create patches from the Drupal root directory.

March 15, 2005 - 21:24 : Dries

I'm not a big fan of hidden fields.  I'll try to think of an alternative
fix.

March 18, 2005 - 08:43 : Steven

Is there any harm in always calling _comment_update_node_statistics()
after editing a node? As far as I can tell, it's a pretty benign call.
The only thing odd in there is:
$node = node_load(array('nid' => $nid));
But I don't see $node being used anywhere in that function. Anyone have
an idea why? ;)

March 18, 2005 - 08:47 : chx

please do not make node.module dependent on comment.module -- use
module_invoke if you implement what Steven suggested.