[drupal-devel] ann: any node can be blog : remove type "blog".

neil at civicspacelabs.org neil at civicspacelabs.org
Fri Mar 18 19:26:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 02:12:21PM +0100, B?r Kessels wrote:
> I rewrote blog.module to become a container, something like book outlines. In
> these files, there no longer is a blog type node.
> With a checkbox (see screenshot) users with the correct permissions can add
> any node to their blog. Feel free to try, also feel free to improve these
> files, just mail me if you commit changes.

+1

I haven't read the code, so let me know if you have this already, but I
think hook_nodeapi should be implemented, so you can change options per
node type:

o Posts will always be placed in the user's blog
o The user may place posts in thier blog
o Posts will never be placed in the user's blog

The first option will let this work exactly like the old blog module and
the third can be used to reduce clutter on everyone's favorite form.

-Neil