Image handling settings (was: [drupal-devel] Re: [drupal:dries] /modules system.module)

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Tue Mar 22 09:12:07 UTC 2005

Op 22-mrt-05 om 10:05 heeft Tim Altman het volgende geschreven:

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:12:21 +0100, Stefan Nagtegaal
> <Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl> wrote:
>
>> Op 22-mrt-05 om 8:49 heeft Tim Altman het volgende geschreven:

> [...]
>
> [...]
>
>> When there is no image toolkit available, why would you want to see
>> the option to select all this?? We do not do that anywhere in drupal,
>> only with the "Clean url"-option..
>
> 	I understand where you're coming from, but try to think like a user
> or documentor.  Vanishing options and making people look all over the
> place for information is not good UI and very hard to document.
>
> --
> Tim Altman
IMO it's not at hard at all.. When we keep on the approach that all
notices and server apgrade possibilities goes into WATCHDOG_NOTICE
there _is_ a central place to look into to get a maximum usable
drupal..
One glance at the 'notices'-page of the watchdog will give you
everything you need to see what could be done to accomplish the goal of
something you want to be able of..

That is - imo - better than struggling through all the settings pages
and see why such a function doesn't work..

Stefan