[drupal-devel] Dynamic Text Replacement

Solon solon at chiefcodemonkey.com
Wed Mar 23 07:58:54 UTC 2005

> On Wednesday 23 March 2005 07.52, Solon wrote:
>> I plan on making themes with 'fancy' or non standard fonts. The only
>> other practical way, opposed to CSS is to use PHP and GD, to replace
>> the text with images.
>
> The best way I know of is using JS, CSS and Flash, called sIFR:
>
> http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2004/08/sifr
>
> This works nicely and also degrades nicely.

This method is dependant on flash, while the other is PHP. I feel that
the one that runs PHP is more practical because it can be integrated
easily with Drupal, and will be compatible with all users who run
Drupal. With flash, it throws another requirement in the mix, and I
feel, at a users end, it will be much better to use the PHP file.

Any ideas on how to implement it?