[drupal-devel] taxonomy relation and synonyms

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Wed Mar 23 14:09:56 UTC 2005

Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:19:23
>> Does anything actually use term_relation and term_synonym?
>
>I'll be using them for my "similar keywords" code, yes.

That was the point. I wasn't suggesting getting rid of them but rather
hijacking them for free form tagging (or whatever the current
terminology is).

The obvious algorithm is:-
For this tag (tag1) find all the tags (tag2) from this vocabulary that
are used on the same nodes. Then create term_relation entries for tag1,
tag2 and tag2, tag1

I think there's something clever that can be done with synonyms to
enforce some consistency on free form tagging. But none of the current
tag systems out there seem to do this. And I'm not at all sure what the
UI would look like.

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
S: callto://julian.bond/