[drupal-devel] taxonomy nice URLs

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Wed Mar 23 19:35:13 UTC 2005

Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> writes:

 % >  It might. But I like the direction that is going where
 % >  it allows for taxonomies and then subselects of taxonomies
 % >  that are shared (http://www.drupal.org/taxonomy/horses+cars)

 % Well, the above poses a problem. Your URL is passing "horses cars" into
 % Drupal. Should Drupal treat that as two terms, or one term? And what about
 %   horse+riding? chocolate+pebbles? frosted+flakes? Two terms or one?

 In my mind, I was seeing the "+" as a marker for two terms.
 would & be better?

 % >  Isn't this done by hand. I need a way to do it automatically.

 % Theoretically, you could cron a new module to create the associations for
 % you automatically - there'd only be a slight delay from creation of the
 % term to creation of the path. (The cron would be required for manual edits
 % of a taxonomy, which don't have an API hook. If we're to assume that you
 % only want paths for my "free tagging" patch, then you could insert
 % yourself into the "save" of nodeapi.)

 I would rather not use a cron loop for this. It seems like a good source
 of errors.

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively