[drupal-devel] CivicSpace development moving to Drupal

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Thu Mar 24 12:18:39 UTC 2005

On 24 Mar 2005, at 11:40, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> Thanks. I'd really like to see the Drupal project advance a bit faster
> than it does now.
>
> Currently, I am often not sure if it is worth my time to work on a
> specific bug/feature as I have not much of an idea if (and when!) it
> will make it to core. I guess there are more people like me.

I'm compiling a detailed list of things I believe are core-worthy and
which I'd like to see included or worked on.  I'll share this list as
soon as it's ready.  At the top of my head, in no particular order and
lacking details:

1. Workflow actions (and e-mail subscriptions/notifications in
particular)
2. Improved node submission form
3. Profile fields per role
4. Blocks visibility per role
5. phpTemplate
6. Better link management (node links + menu links)
7. Folksonomies and taxonomy improvements
8. CCK
9. Improved administration structure, visual distinction, intuitive
placement of settings
10. Improved versioning
11. Loose caching
12. Better blog.module
13. Better archive.module
14. Contact module extension to let you contact groups of people.
15. USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
16. Improved 'my account' page.
17. One node-level permissions scheme (taxonomy-role?)
18. Better file handling/serving (permissions)
19. Misc. aggregator improvements