[drupal-devel] Let's weed out contrib

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Thu Mar 24 12:24:42 UTC 2005

> I thought of http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/ and
> http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/themes/
>
> I, for myself, love ViewCVS. However, the evergrowing directory list is a
> problem.
>
> So let me correct myself: Because directories can not be deleted, it's
> evergrowing and now ViewCVS is a mess.

Because you use a crappy user interface it should not affect how the
previously developed modules are kept or not. If you would not like to
see empty folders in ViewCVS, it is a ViewCVS feature reuquest, it
should not mean that the drupal CVS server should not have the old
contrib modules kept in the Attic. One of the points of version control
is that you can revive long deleted files, if need be.

Goba