[drupal-devel] new module container

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Thu Mar 24 13:43:18 UTC 2005

My need is mostly so that *I* can re-assign feature requests to new modules.

Example: in node_aggregator someone wants to auto-categorise on content.
Because node_aggregator users first-class nodes for feed items, and taxonomy
for bundling/classifying, this really does not belong in node_aggregator, but
in a new Auto-categorisation module. I know that, the guy who requests this,
does not, so he assigns it to node_aggregator. All I need is a place to
reassign this feature to, e.g. "autoclassification module" inside module
requests.

And I too have no ideas ATM, besides creating a project. :)

Op donderdag 24 maart 2005 13:50, schreef Moshe Weitzman:
> I concur that there is a need here, but I doubt this will be used much.
> Users don't know if a new module is needed for their request or not.
> And picking new module is likely to hget even less attanetion since it
> is owned by noone. There ought to be a different way to address this.
> Sorry, no ideas at the moment ...
>
> On Mar 24, 2005, at 3:56 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> > Hello fellow drupalleers ;)
> >
> > About requests for new modules:
> >
> > Very often I see quite nice feature reqests on drupal.org, but most of
> > the
> > time they should be implemented in a new module and not in the module
> > they
> > are assigned to.
> > However, I see no way of placing them in a container, or so.
> >
> > The danger of having such a container is, that it will be flooded with
> > silly
> > feature reqests, and already we do not have the manpower to keep up
> > with
> > these requests.
> >
> > I was thinking . of adding a simple project, with no files released,
> > called
> > "New modules". That would act as a container for requests for new
> > modules.
> >
> > Regards,
> >  Bèr
> > --