[drupal-devel] CivicSpace development moving to Drupal

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:08:10 UTC 2005

Dries,

I'm really excited by this whole list! (I would add forum improvements
as well, but other than that, it looks good).

You should know that I'm endeavoring to make a really cool project
module for Spread Firefox v2 which basically aims to combine
43things.com with Basecamp-like workspaces. I think this would be
extremely useful for Drupal & CivicSpace since it would allow people
to:

1. find new projects
2. suggest new projects
3. create new projects and get volunteers
4. have instant workspaces (blog, forums, issue tracking, member tracking, etc)

The goal is to imitate SourceForge but do it right and make it very
simply to get involved or simply track a project. I'll be mockup up
workflows and UI stuff in the coming week(s). I have 20 or so people
ready on the SFX side to work on this and are already developing their
own requirements and ideas. Ideally this could be a really excellent
project for us to collaborate on.

If you're interested, you can see some of the very early initial ideas
for the SFX redesign here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/factoryjoe/sets/135075/

Thoughts & ideas welcome!

Chris