[drupal-devel] [bug] Can't apply database update_128

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Mar 24 20:36:25 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    database system
 Category:     bug reports

It's a multiple column PRIMARY KEY and it will apply unless you have the
same nid-tid pair twice which shall not happen...

chx

Previous comments:

March 24, 2005 - 21:28 : timothy bennett

Commit# 14491 modifies the term_node table to make both tid and nid
primary keys. That is,
ALTER TABLE term_node ADD PRIMARY KEY (tid,nid);
However, I've got nodes (as referenced by nid) that have multiple
taxonomy terms associated with them (as reference by tid). As such, the
node_term table with have duplicate entries of nid, one for each term
(tid) that the node is associated with. I don't believe you can make a
column a primary key if the values are not unique can you?
(Ref: http://drupal.org/node/19275)
-- timothy