[drupal-devel] [bug] Comment Block for Anonymous Users

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Mar 25 06:25:32 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    node system
 Category:     bug reports

Please elaborate on what's your problem now. I have just checked, and
the query is rewritten properly, in the ON clause we have c.nid as
there should be. Do you get an SQL error still? Or just the
functionality is not there?

chx

Previous comments:

March 24, 2005 - 22:57 : timothy bennett

I'm running the latest CVS update of Drupal 4.6 RC (as of 23 MAR 2005),
and I'm getting the following database error when an Anonymous user
access my site, and the comment block is NOT populated with the latest
comment links.
user error: Unknown table 'n' in on clause
query: SELECT DISTINCT(c.nid), c.* FROM comments c  INNER JOIN
node_access na ON na.nid = n.nid WHERE  (na.grant_view = 1 AND
CONCAT(na.realm, na.gid) IN
('all0','node_privacy_byrole_role1','node_privacy_byrole_user0')) AND
c.status = 0 ORDER BY c.timestamp DESC LIMIT 0, 10 in
/opt/lampp/htdocs/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 66.
Once a user is authenticated, everything works fine.  I've poked around
the code some, and I'm pretty sure that "n.nid" should be "c.nid", but
that is not getting built by the sql query builder (possibly in
node.module).  The comment block generation function in comment.module
is passing a 'c' argument to the query builder, but whatever is
building the query seems to be ignoring that argument and using 'n'
instead.
I'm trying to dig and understand how this code works, but I need a
little help.  Thanks!

March 24, 2005 - 23:05 : chx

Here is the fix.

March 24, 2005 - 23:17 : timothy bennett

Actually, I had tested this fix on my own as I was exploring my problem.
 It would seem like this patch doesn't fix my problem, but unfortunately
it doesn't.  I'm digging some more...

March 24, 2005 - 23:19 : timothy bennett

Would the node_privacy_byrole module be affecting this somehow... I do
have this module switched on, even though it hasn't been *officially*
ported to 4.6 yet.