[drupal-devel] [bug] Database update fails if anonymous comment names contain single quotes

Junyor drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Mar 25 13:34:47 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    database system
 Category:     bug reports

Parts of update_124 will fail if an anonymous commentor's name contains
a single quote.  To fix this, I updated update_sql to accept additional
parameters that it sends on to db_query.  I also moved update_sql to the
top of the file.  The only problem I could find with this approach is
that the query displayed by update.php contains the substitute
parameter (%s or %d), not the actual parameter.
I'd appreciate if someone else could take a look and see if there's a
better way to do this.  I think that update_sql should have this
functionality anyway, though.

Junyor