[drupal-devel] [bug] No option to translate menus

sangriastudios drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Mar 25 20:41:49 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.0
 Component:    menu system
 Category:     bug reports

I am having the same problem and it doesn't look like anyone has a
solution.

sangriastudios

Previous comments:

November 6, 2004 - 22:05 : liambr

I have tried to translate the menus I have entered without any luck. I
have looked into all the setup options (under administer) and also
tried through localization settings searching for the strings but they
do not show up in the list. I have both i18n and locale modules
installed and I am able to translate all other strings.
I have entered this as a bug, but I am not sure if it should be a
feature request.

November 6, 2004 - 22:27 : gordon

All the generated menus should be able to be translated.
Whick menu are you talking about?
If you are talking about the top menu, which you have entered as part
of the theme configuration, then these are not translatable, as it is
just content that you have entered. What I did on my site, (but not for
the reasons of translation) was that I made a modification to the theme
so that the content from the menus will get passed thru the filter.
This means that I can use the php filter. Doing this means that you can
use the t() do be able to do any translations. (I used it for the l())

November 7, 2004 - 17:13 : Anonymous

I am talking about the new menu module where you can enter menu options
as new blocks or as part of the Navigation menu. I am not talking about
taxonomy (which has an option for translation) or theme menus.